The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds is open to exceptional junior scientists between the age of 27 wishing to pursue a determined PhD project of 3 years in basic biomedical research in an internationally leading laboratory located at Germany. This PhD fellowships awards are created to advocate the needs of basic research in biomedicine by equipping the young, intellectually gifted up-and-coming scientists with extensive helps during their PhD studies.
A Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) PhD fellowship offers a driven monthly allowance. It is initially granted for 2 years and can be extended once for up to 1.5 years.In addition to the monthly payments awarded scholars would receive travel allowances for scientific conferences, and also be made to participate in tailor-made seminars for BIF fellows and alumni. Scholars would also become part of a lively and global network built on trust, helpfulness, and many personal encounters.
Eligibility Criteria for the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds
To be eligible for this PhD fellowship fund, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Candidate’s PhD project must be experimental, in the area of basic biomedical research, aimed at explaining basic biological phenomena of human life and acquiring new scientific knowledge.
- Applicant’s first university entrance qualification ( high school certificate, A-levels) must not have been completed more than 8 years.
- The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) awards is avialable to European scholars working in Europe or abroad and also to non-European scholars aiming at pursuing their PhD projects in Europe.
- Veterinary surgeons, physicians and pharmacists must have passed their state examinations with an excellent result.
- Natural scientists must have been awarded their diploma, BSc, MSc or any equivalent degree.
The following documents are required when applying for the PhD fellowship award:
- Letters of recommendation emailed directly from the supervisors.
- Title and summary of PhD project (1,400 characters including spaces)
- Project proposal
- Reasons for wishing to work with the proposed group
- Summary of the final experimental thesis
- List of applicant’s publications
- Scans of certificates of all academic qualifications (including grades) and certificates of professional education prior to university (if applicable)
- Scans of high school diploma certificate.
- English Language proficiency results.
NOTE: The letters of recommendation must be in English, with an official letterhead, and signed.
How to Apply
To apply for the PhD Fellowship Funds, candidates must support an online application form with all required details and wait for feedback from the program. To apply click here.
The application deadline is 1st February, 1st June and 1st of October of every year.
For more information on The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds, leave a comment below at the comment section.
Subscribe to www.scholarworldwide.com for more scholarship and travel updates.
Share this artice with your friends and fans on social media using the social media share buttons.