Applications for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate scholarship pogramme 2023/2023 is now open for international postgraduate scholars. The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is an established national drive, sponsored and financed by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science.
The Government of Ireland offers Scholarships to exceptional masters and PhD degree scholars to conduct their own research and study in their field of study.
Government of Ireland Postgraduate scholarship pogramme offers allowance of €18,500 per annum also a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum; and eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum.
Duration of Government of Ireland Postgrduate scholarship
- Research master’s degree: 12 months
- Structured research master’s degree: 24 months
- Traditional doctoral degree: 36 months
- Structured doctoral degree: 48 months
MUST READ: Apply For Canadian Study Permit
Eligibility Criteria of Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship
International applicants for the Goverment of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants can be of any age to apply for the Ireland scholarship; There are no age limit for the goverment of Ireland postgraduate scholarships.
- Applicant should have a first class or upper second-class honours bachelor’s, or the equivalent degree.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor`s Degree for pursuing a Master’s and a Master`s Degree for pursuing PhD Applications.
- Aspirant must not have two antecedent unsuccessful for the same program including strategic partner themes.
- Applicant must be a new entry to the degree for which they are to receive the council funding and should have been accepted formally by the appropriate school.
- Prior to this application, candidates for the research master’s scholarship, must not presently or previously held, a Council Postgraduate Scholarship. Applicant for PhD degree scholarship, must not have an ongoing Council Postgraduate Scholarship.
- Government of Ireland postgraduate scholarships is open to applicants from both European Union and Non-European union member states.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is a highly competitive programme with an average success rate of 18% over the past five years. It has an objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review to select those who would be awarded. To apply for this schoarship pogram click here.