The Vanier Canada scholarship is a prestigious award for postgraduate international scholars who are academically inspiring and wishes to futher their studies in Canada. The vanier scholarship was established to help doctoral scholars and to establish Canada as a global center of excellence in research and higher learning.
Vanier Canada scholarship was named after the former governor of Canada Governor General Georges Vanier in appreciation of his services. Up to one hundred and sixty six scholarships are awarded yearly to international students from different parts of the world with the average rate of 15% successful award. Vanier Canada scholarship is worth fifty thousand dollars($50,00) for a year.
Eligibility Citeria for Vanier Canada Scholarship
To be considered eligible for this scholarship program :
- Applicants must be nominated by only one Canadian institution.
- Candidates must be pursuing his/her first doctoral degree or joint undergraduate or graduate research program.
- Applicants must intend to pursue full time doctoral program in a nominated institution during the summer semester or academic year following the announcement of result.
- Candidates must have achieved a first class average in each of the last two years of fulltime study.
- Applicants must not hold or formerly held a doctoral level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SHRC.
- Candidates must have completed no more than 32 months of full-time study in his/her doctoral program as of 1st of may 2023 i.e joint graduate research program.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and all international students are eligible.
Programs Offered by Vanier Canada Scholarship
- Health Research
- Engineering Research
- Natural Science
- Social Science
- Humanities Science.
How to Apply for the Vanier Scholarships
The Selection Criteria for the Government of Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is based on the following attribute:
- Academic Excellence
- Research Potential
- Leadership potential and demonstrated ability.
- Personal Achievement
- Involvement in Academic Life
- Voluntary/community outreach
Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program unless nominated by a university. Students would be required to submit their detailed information form their universities before deadline. The nominated institution then forwards recommended nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat by 1st of November 2022.
Documents Required for the Vanier Canada Graduate Award
- Reference Letter
- Special circumstances( minimum of 0.5page)
- Study Plan
- Project Reference( minimum of 5pages)
- Academic Proof
- Research Proposal (minimum of two pages)
- Academic Certificate
- Personal Statement( leadership qualities maximum of two pages)
- Research Contribution( minimum of one page)
- Research Net Application form including two letters of reference.
Shortlisted candidates would be notified by emails. Good luck on your application.
Click to apply.
For more inquiry and updates on Canada Scholarships or any other related topic.
Leave a comment below at the comment session.
Share this with your friends and fans on social media using the social media share buttons below