The Bill Gates Scholarship is a magnificent opportuinty for international scholars that have exceptional intellects, leadership potential and a commitement to improve their lives academically. The Gates Cambridge Scholarship programme was established in October 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge. The largest ever single donation to a UK university. .
READ ALSO: Top Ten Universities in United Kingdom
Bill Gates Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at university of Cambridge United Kingdom(UK) including the tuition fees, maintenance allowance of £18,384 for 12 months at the 2022-23 rate, one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course. Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge.
Other Gates Cambridge Scholarship Values Includes:
- Academic development funding from up to £500 to up to £2,000, depending on the length of course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance up to £10,944 for one child and up to £15,612 for two or more children (2022-23 rate).
Note: The Bill Gates scholarship does not cover funding for partner.
Fieldwork Funding: Scholars can apply to keep up to their normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of their PhD.
Note: The Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee.
Maternity/Paternity funding, scholars may apply to alternate their study program for up to 6 months and continue to receive their maintenance allowance during this time
Gates Cambridge scholarship also covers Hardship funding for unforeseen difficulties facing the scholar.
MUST READ: Scholarship program for Africans in UK
Eligiblity Criteria For the Bill Gates Scholarship
The Eligibily citeria for the Bill Gates scholarships in uk includes;
- International Scholars with a great leadership capablity are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a mind blowing academic background/qualification.
- Candidates must be applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study: PhD, MSc or MLitt, or a one year postgraduate cours
To apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship follow the following application process.
Applicants submit their application for admission and funding (Gates Cambridge and other funding) via the University’s Graduate Application Portal. To be considered for the Bill Gates Cambridge Scholarship applicant must complete the section to apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section. Candidates would be required to provide personal data, academic qulification.
- Personal statement of not more than three thousand characters.
- PhD candidates have to submit a research proposal.
- Three reference letters (One can be from a current employee if needed.
Note: You can apply for as many courses as you want but you have to apply separately for each course. Also If the course gets filled before the qualification time, the application status will be closed even before the deadline.
- Deadline for International students is 1st December 2022 or 5th January 2023, depending on the course
- Deadline for US citizens is 12th October 2022.
Click to apply.
For more inquiry and updates on Bill Gates Scholarship or any other related topic.
Leave a comment below at the comment session.
Share this with your friends and fans on social media using the social media share buttons below.