Different countries have their different requirements to apply for US Visa. In this article, special interest have been taking on how to apply for US visa in India, including all the requirements and information needed for a successful US visa application from India. Follow the simple steps on how to apply for US visa in India and rest assured of a successful US visa application.
STEPS ON HOW TO APPLY FROM US VISA IN INDIA
STEP 1: FIGURE OUR IF YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS A VISA TO TRAVEL TO USA
As there are very few countries that enjoy the US Visa Waver, the question is, “Is India one of those few countries?” No, Indians that wish to travel to USA must obtain a USA VISA see list of countries that enjoy the US Visa waver:
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- United Kingdom
STEP 2: WHAT TYPE OF US VISA DO YOU NEED TO APPLY
To apply for US Visa in India, there must be a purpose of migrating to the USA which include but not limited education, work, tourism, visit family member, attend a function, medical purpose and lots more. The purpose of your visit to the United States of America determines the type of Visa you ought to apply.
The two main categories of USA visas are:
- Non-immigrant Visa
- Immigrant Visa
Below are the main types of Visas under these categories:
- Visitor Visas. For a visit of six months mainly divided into:
- B1 visa for business visits.
- B2 visas for tourism visitors.
- Student Visas. Strictly for academic purpose and are categorized thus:
- F1 visa.visa for students.
- F2 visa. dependents of F1 visa holders.
- M1 visa. visa for vocational purposes.
- Exchange Visitor Visas. Are you participating in an exchange program or some kind of job training then you need one of the visas below:
- J1 visa
- Q Visa
- Temporary Work Visas. For Indians that wish to work for a very short time in the USA. Here are the visa types for you:
- H1B visa. For Indians who have been employed in highly specialized fields.
- H-2A visa. Limited to few nationals based on agricultural purpose.
- H-2B visa.
- H-3 visa.
- L1 visa.
- P visas. For Indian coaches who have any reason to travel to USA, this is your best offer
- Temporary Religious Workers who intend to practice in the United States of America go for the R1 visa type.
- Immediate Relative & Family Sponsored Visas. For immediate families here are the best offers:
- The F2A and F2B visas are for families who are lawfully residents.
- IR-2 visa – unmarried children under 21 years old
There are lots of other Visa types you can apply for if you wish to travel to the United States of America. However if your aim of travelling isn’t captured make sure to drop a comment at the comment box below for immediate attention.
STEP 3: COMPLETE THE US VISA FORM ONLINE (FORM DS-160)
Once you’ve determined the type of visa you wish to apply for, complete the Form DS-160 form online with correct personal information. Print out the confirmation slip as this would be needed during the interview.
STEP 4: PAY THE US VISA FEE
In order to successfully apply for US Visa in India, the US visa fee must be paid so as to begin processing of the US visa. It is worthy to note that the US visa fee is a non-refundable fee. Below are how to pay the US Visa fee from India:
- National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT)
- Mobile Payments – IMPS
- Cash – DRUK Bank, AXIS Bank and Citibank
Ensure to keep your receipt as it would be needed during your appointment at the US embassy.
STEP 5: BOOK YOUR US VISA APPOINTMENT
Ensure you have the following to schedule for your US visa appointment:
- Passport number
- Visa application fee receipt number.
- The ten-digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page
STEP 6: SUBMIT APPLICATION AT US VISA APPLICATION CENTRE INDIA
For more information on how to apply for US Visa in India, leave a comment below at the comment section.
Share this article with friends and fans on social media using the social media share buttons below.