Applications are now ongoing for international scholars hoping to study at one of the world’s finest and top university in Canada,The University of British Columbia Canada. As part of the University’s dedication to advanced innovation and research, Rio Tinto Graduate Scholarship Program offers an $18,000 graduate scholarship for a University of British Columbia graduate student in a field of applied or pure science related to Rio Tinto’s activities in mining.
The University of British Columbia is a public research university with campuses near Vancouver and in Kelowna, British Columbia. It was founded in the year 1908. UBC is British Columbia’s oldest university and is ranked among the top three universities in Canada. University of British Columbia cheers innovation, confidence and academic curiosity so it will be easy for you to realize your highest potential.
University of British Columbia creates a phenomenal learning domain that encourages global citizenship, justifiable society, and supports an excellent research that will be of use to the world at large.
Eligibility Criteria for Rio Tinto Graduate Scholarship Program
To be eligible for the Rio Tinto Graduate Scholarship Program Candidates must fulfil the follow criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled or accepted in a first year Master’s or first or second year Doctoral studies in 2022-2023 academic years.
- Applicants must be enrolled or accepted in a full-time study program for a graduate degree.
Eligible Research Areas
The Rio Tinto Scholarship Program selection committee will consider any research projects in these areas
- Aluminium metallurgy
- Electrolysis of molten salts
- Science of the environment
- Analytical technologies
- Modelling and control systems
- Data Science.
Note: The University of British Columbia Rio Tinto Graduate Scholarship Program is not renewable and students who previously received the scholarships are no longer eligible to apply again.
The following criteria would be employed by The University of British Columbia Rio Tinto Graduate Scholarship Program committee to select the awardees:
- Excellent academic record
- Relevance of research proposal to Rio Tinto’s “eligible research areas”
- Publications and awards, relative to the applicant’s stage of study
- Candidates previous work and leadership experience
- Quality of their reference letters.
Application Degree Level
- Cover letter listing
- Enrolment or acceptance proof/ letter
- Official academic transcripts
- Up to date CV (no page limit),
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or researchers.
How to Apply
Check your graduate program regarding your program’s internal application deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Submit your application package to your graduate program.
Click here to apply.
For more inquiry and updates on Rio Tinto Graduate Scholarship Program or any other related topic.
Leave a comment below at the comment session.
Share this with your friends and fans on social media using the social media share buttons below