Are you an international student looking for ways to acquire new skills, meet new and influential people and contribute in your community? Then this fully funded program may be just right for you. Applications are open for interested international students to apply for the IREX Community Solution Program.
IREX program is a professional leadership development program for scholars and community leaders who are working to improve their communities and are working on environmental related issues for example, conflict resolution, transparency and accountability, and gender equalities.
The IREX community solution program comprises of:
- Four-month Fellowship in the United States where candidates will complete hands-on professional experience and leadership training to enhance managerial and leadership skills.
- Community Leadership Institute: a leadership training program designed to strengthen the leadership and management skills of community leaders. The Institute includes face-to-face trainings, online courses, professional coaching, and networking.
- Community-based initiatives: With the help of the U.S. host organization, Community Solutions fellows design and plan a community development project to carry out after they return home.
Financial Benefit of the IREX Community Solution Program
IREX community solution program covers the cost of the following expenses for awarded activist:
- Activist would be given the J-1 visa support
- Scholars are given round-trip travel fee from home city to the United States.
- Fellowes in the program are situated to receive monthly allowance to cover their housing, feeding and other living expenses during the course of the program.
- Accident and sickness insurance.
To be eligible for the IREX Community Solution Program:
- Candidates must be between the ages of 25 and 38 as of January 1, 2023
- Applicants must be Living and working in home country.
- Interested candidates must possess at least two years of experience working in community development, either as full-time or part-time employee or volunteer.
- Must have a high level of proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Should not be currently participating in an academic, training, or research program in the U.S.
- Interested scholars should be available to travel to the U.S. for four months from August to December 2023.
- Must be eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 visa.
- Must agree to return to his/her home country for a minimum of two years after program completion.
- Not currently an IREX employee or consultant, or their immediate family member.
- Citizen of an eligible country.
Eligible Country Includes:
- South and Central Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
- Africa: Kenya, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Uganda, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Cameroon, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- East Asia and the Pacific: Burma, Brunei, Cambodia, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
- Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, and Ukraine.
- Western Hemisphere: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Jamaica, Paraguay, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, and Uruguay.
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, and West Bank/Palestinian Territories.
Interested candidates for the IREX Community Solution Program 2023 should submit an online application.
Click here to apply.
Note: Avoid mailing, faxing and emailing your application. Attempt all questions asked. You can write N/A if you are unable to provide an answer. Write clearly with English language.
November 2, 2022.
For more inquiry and updates on IREX Community Solution Program 2023/24 or any other related topic.
Leave a comment below at the comment session.
Share this with your friends and fans on social media using the social media share buttons below